[Décors] Boîte de chewing-gum

Ne jetez plus les boites de chewing-gum de vos enfants ;)

The Lost and the Very Damned: Sci-Fi trashbash scenery 1
http://thelostandtheverydamned.blogspot.com/2019/06/sci-fi-trashbash-scenery-1.html



Tuesday, 25 June 2019

Sci-Fi trashbash scenery 1

I enjoy scratchbuilding fantasy scenery, as I have done with my recent Wizards Tower, as well as making them from the Modelling Workshop articles in the old White Dwarfs. However, fantasy builds are fairly regular in terms of their shapes and details and over the years I've collected lots of trash that has I retesting shapes, partly for junk modelling with my kids and partly with the idea of making some Sci-Fi scenery. The kids are bit too old for junk modelling, so this weekend I've rummaged through my collection, gathered the most interesting shapes and started to build some Sci-Fi scenery from scratch. 

It's much more of an imaginative journey than fantasy as the shapes of modern day packaging lend themselves much easier to the forms you find on science fiction scenery, of course the most famous being the original model makers from Star Wars, which I grew up with, and how their model making prowess inspired so many, including me.

So my first proper Sci-Fi trash bash experiment is completed, some sort of generator, that again is loosely base on the one on Star Wars Hoth:


The painting was very quick and messy. Primed grey. Reddy/brown spray. A range of oranges dabbed on for rust. White painted into the "glowing" gaps and then several quick washes of blue over that. Not my best light sourcing but it will do for a 15 minute paint job!


And here is the build with the trash components visible. A selection of different bottle lids, a bit of old dishwasher tubing, plasticard and of course the chewing gum packaging for the iconic shapes!


I'm now adding the finishing touches to a more complicated design, based on some more Gilette packaging (I only ever get these at Christmas, so there's a hint of how long I hoard interesting shaped packaging!)


Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés