Contrast Testimonies: John Blanche

Quand John Blanche teste la contraste
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/11/contrast-testimonies-john-blanchegw-homepage-post-3/

We sent a set of Contrast paints to a legendary Warhammer artist, the one and only John Blanche! The results are stunning – we sat down with John to learn more about his experience…


John: In a single afternoon, I was able to paint six miniatures in the time it would normally take me to paint one. I first tested it by trying to paint it in my usual way, but I needed to adapt my style slightly. There's no highlighting here – this is all Contrast, mixed with some of the Contrast Medium and with some Shades.

It was just so easy. Painting these miniatures was an exercise in immediate and satisfying results. I did have to shed a lot of what I knew about painting miniatures, but it helped when I started thinking of these being more similar to oil washes and inks. But they've got so much pigment – they're quite dense. When I was a teenager, I trained by painting flowers using French watercolours, and I was reminded of that while painting these Nighthaunt miniatures.

When painting these miniatures, I wanted to use tones similar to those often used by Rembrandt in his paintings, and they worked really well for this. There are a lot of great shades of brown in the new range, but I'm particularly happy to see the name Snakebite Leather return – it's always been one of my favourite paints.


Thanks John! You'll be able to use Contrast for yourself very, very soon – get your set this weekend from your local Warhammer, Games Workshop or independent hobby store. If you're looking for top painting tips in the meantime, check out the Citadel Colour website for guides, tutorials and more!

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés